Friday 26 September 2008

Training, cake and parties

Date to fly South is December 14th, but that may change.

I'm training hard and it's going well. I need to start putting on some weight, muscle and flab, but don't want to bulk up so much that it just makes training harder on the joints.

Training now involves going to the gym, cycling, wts, circuits, walking and tyre pulling.

Will involve eating cake nearer the off date - poor me!

Big thankyou to all the nurses in Orthopaedic Outpts for all their support, a brilliant bunch who supported my North Pole trip and made a huge difference, and are doing the same this time round.

Particular thanks to Glenda Robson for a great party, (no I won't tell you how old she is!), but also for telling her guests about the S.Pole race, and the Amber trust.

Also a huge thanks to all those who gave some beer money towards this good cause. (Can anyone tell me why I had a sore neck the following day... something to do with a blow up guitar!) And a big thanks to Liz, for all her badgering, patience and support.

My two team mates still do not have funding and I have therefore teamed up with Hylton, my team mate from the North pole. I hope the girls still get the sponsorship, I'm sure they will, but I couldn't hang on any longer, I could not risk having no team.

Picking up my kit on October 5th, wondering if I can fit sled and ski's into my H-Reg Vauxhall Nova!

No comments: